After 2 years and 392 unique experiences, my journey at MIT Sloan came to an end in June 2009. Amid the world that has changed significantly – with the first African American President in the US, economic meltdown of a lifetime, and renewed focus on the environment; one is humbled by the challenges and opportunities these events present. The keynote speaker for the graduation at MIT, Deval Patrick, Governor of MA, reiterated that there is so much one can plan for, and then there is a dose of hard work and making the best of opportunities. So true, for 2 years back, none of us could have foreseen, let go plan, for what was about to unfold. The career plans were reevaluated, “Who am I?” was revisited, and “What do I stand for?” re-answered. Another positive outcome from this turmoil was resurgence in b-school applications, which MIT Sloan witnessing a record surge, with 11 vying for 1 spot.
During my last semester at MIT Sloan, I continued my academic pursuits both inside and outside classroom, got involved with some fantastic events, and ironed out my post graduation plans.
No comments:
Post a Comment