As the application process started, I knew what I wanted and thus was selective in number of schools I applied to. A full disclosure here, I was not able to personally visit schools before applying, but I arrived at the short-list by doing research (primarily online) and having lengthy discussions with my friends who graduated or were in business schools. Coming to b-school is a big decision, both financially and personally, but my homework gave me a pretty good idea of what I am getting into. To make up for my not visiting schools during the application process, for my interviews, I invariably chose for on-campus option. This gave me an opportunity to interact with current students, faculty, and also manage my expectations for next two years. If possible, I would highly recommend visiting schools and seeing with your own eyes vs. forming your opinions otherwise (e.g. from online forums).
As if this is not enough, my wife and I, came together for the admit weekend. This was a fantastic (informal) opportunity for both of us to get a better understanding of the community, academic life, and for her to obtain preliminary information on job opportunities. We were thrilled with our visit to the AdMIT weekend at MIT Sloan – everything from student body, academic focus, career opportunities, and prospect of living in Boston, convinced us of our decision. We were into planning our move and relocating 1000 miles away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment